We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 17 September 2012

Challenge 75 – Stitching and Lace


Our Challenge this fortnight, hosted by me, is Stitching and Lace.
I would like to see some stitching, either hand, machine or faux on your project as WELL as some lace, real not faux.

Please remember to check the rules and make sure you follow the criteria.
I had a few people email me last week with links to their cards because they couldn't post them on the blog, when I checked it was because they had neglected to mention Crafty Cardmakers in their blog post. Mr. Linky is set to block anyone that doesn't link back to Crafty Cardmakers in their post, so if you have problems please check first that you have linked correctly. 


We are sponsored again by
 

As a family business we're a friendly, helpful, bunch at Hobby Art.  All our stamps are designed by us and manufactured in Britain.
Look at the gallery on my blog - jennymayes.com - for lots of card ideas using the Hobby Art range. 
We're pleased to sponsor the Crafty Cardmakers Challenge and look forward to seeing the entries.   Good luck everyone.  Jenny and all. X

with this fabulous prize


Lin
I pricked out a pattern from an Ornare template and hand embroidered it. The image was coloured with copics.
Using my Mat Pack and Paper-piercing tool on the white and blue panels gave me a template to hand-stitch with kitchen string and then finished off with the blue lace.

I've framed a Promarker-coloured Sarah Kay image with paper embroidery, and finished with some white lace.
 
I've used Pink Paislee supplies to create a fun and bright card with a paper lace doily, black lace trim, and faux stitching using a glitter gel pen.

Yvonne
I used some pretty card, together with some material layers and a little hand stitching for this card.
 
I've used a Sizzix dress die along with some Papermania patterned papers to create this clean thank you card. I've used faux stitching, real lace and buttons to add to the sewing theme.  

Fiona
For my card I have used a digi stamp from Digi Doodle Shop. I have done some faux stitching around the image and used some real lace across the middle of my card.

I used Magnolia Stamp & Cheery Lynn Die cuts, I have done stitching on the pattern paper

I have used a Magnolia stamp, and Bo Bunny Rejoice design papers. I did some faux stitching and used some white lace.

I have used Chocolate Baroque stamps and Prima papers to create a door hangar. I punched holes and used a variety of different stitches to create a patchwork look and used lace as a finishing touch.

I've made a needle case using batik fabric, a Tim Holtz die, silver lace and a thimble button.

I've paper pieced this lovely sewing stamp added a little lace, some faux embossed stitches and made the scissors with my Cameo, triple embossing them with UTEE.

This birthday card was made using backing paper from a cd, lace from my stash and two Joanna Sheen stamps.  I used Dried Marigold and Frayed Burlap distress inks. The sentiment was made using a fancy tag nestability

Sharon
I've handstitched a grungeboard cover for my diary, coloured with Peacock Feathers distress ink and embellished with a Tim Holtz bookplate and cotton lace. A hitch fastener keeps it closed and I made a couple of page-markers using Tim Holtz Philosophy Tags

Doreen
for my card I used the Tiddly ink image "sweet dreams Wryn" and the paper is from MME - Indie Chic.

Carole
I have used Sizzix Quilting dies to cut the small fabric square and triangles, and stitched them to a larger square on my machine. This served as a background for the flower.

Annette
I have used for my Topper a image from a coloring book and paint it with Spectrum Noir Marker.
Design Paper is from Basic Grey ,Cut Out from Quickutz ....Embellishments ...Lace, Flower and Buttons.

Tracey
 
My Christmas card has real hand sewing, all around the outside of the card. I also attached the lace to the paper that my sentiment is on. The side edges were punched with an old Fiskars Edge punch.
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for another lovely Challenge. Love the DT work! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking challenge and beautiful samples by the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this fun challenge! Beautiful cards from the DT!

    xx,
    Mae

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.